Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Home Alone

There's a scene out of the holiday classic "Home Alone" where Kevin runs into a blatantly obvious mall Santa and says, "Look, I'm nine years old, I know how this works.  I know you're not the real Santa, but I know you can get to him..." and he then proceeds to ask for his family back.

Welp,

I'm 38 and I also know how this works.  I know you're not the real God, but I know you can get to him.  I think you probably know better than anyone that there isn't a whole hell of a lot I believe in.  But, one of the only things on this planet I do believe in, is her and I.  This is probably going to be the closest thing I'll ever get to a prayer, so I really hope you appreciate and weigh in the effort when you hear the favor I need.  So...here goes.

Sir/Ma'am

Please.  Pretty please. Help her. You ask entirely too much from her. Throw it on my load, but please take it away from her.

Sincerely/Amen,

Me

P.S.  Keep the change you filthy animal.

No comments:

Post a Comment